I am a senior marketer with 15+ years experience in marketing management, both in NZ and Australia and including 6 years as a marketing consultant developing Kiwi brands from NZ manufacturing bases for both domestic and global markets.
I have extensive experience in brand/consumer/customer strategy development for iconic brands such as Nestle FMCG (TransTasman), Nufarm Agrichemicals, NZ Fine wine ecommerce, Sealord seafood, NZ Post retail, Goodman Fielder baking, FrucorSuntory beverages, Cerebos-Greggs FMCG (Trans-Tasman), Anchor and Fresh and Fruity dairy brands, New Zealand Natural ice cream (global), Firth concrete and Pioneer Maize. These roles have given me multi-channel experience in B2C, B2B, franchise, ecommerce, and export, in scale from global corporates to start-up.
My main focus with consulting is to help customers leverage the strengths of their brands and customer channels to enable profitable growth using a structured plan to review your business in detail and find the hidden gems of profit opportunities.
I have been fortunate to be able to develop world-first new products and have won awards for event management and packaging innovation.
A few key successes have included:
- Growing NZ Post retail (a $115M business across 600 stores) by double digit top and bottom line while losing 10% of stores by optimising product portfolios
- Record sales and profit growth at Nufarm NZ despite flat industry sales and major supply issues (due to covid) with a focused strategy on leveraging category trends and developing clear customer growth and media plans (This also led to 100%+ growth on 2 major brands)
- Development of national sustainability programmes in partnership with Fonterra for both Pioneer Maize and Nufarm Agrichemicals
- Developing a growth plan for a start-up services business that saw a single branch extend to 3 in the space of 12 months and over $500,000 of new business secured via targeted regional advertising in a highly competitive sector
- Gaining a television audience of 50 million in China for NZ Natural iced cream via a guerrilla marketing campaign that also led to 2 Guinness World Records for staff at no cost to the business